Tuesday, November 11, 2008

ESCAPE!!!


MP3 File

Bali Ha'i, Rodgers and Hammerstein

The less said about yesterday the better. I'll leave it here: the construction loan deal fell through because of misinformation from the mortgage company we were dealing with. We are back to Square One. It was a black day.

For sanity's sake I'm putting all of the house crap we've been dealing with out of my mind and just playing with beautiful fantasy. What is more beautiful or fanciful than Bali Ha'i? This too-short version is the one that has always transported me to another world. It's the reprise, sung by the Island Women, and is meant to intoxicate with sound. That's what it does to me.

6 comments:

Kat said...

Ralph,
I'm so sorry, and I hope this is just a glitch.

Ralph said...

You and me both, Kat!

nan said...

Oh darn! Bali Ha'i was a good choice to try to transport away from the setback. Days of transition...

Ralph said...

Seems to be my mantra, Nan!

Ravel said...

I'll say nothin'.
This deal was wrong for you, a better one will come. Better find out now than too late?
See, I said nothin.

Ralph said...

They are good "nothin's," Ravel. I'm feeling better these days, taking my mind out of that hole. We'll deal with what se have to deal with. Life goes on, thank God.